September 20, 2010
On Sept. 17, for the first Friday in years, there were no new HUD listings. HUD is phasing out the present contractor, HMBI and will be working with new companies moving forward. So what does this mean for the home buyer? Here are several things to note:
- HMBI is still responsible for the sale of remaining homes. As of Monday Sept. 20, there were 461 homes for sale in Indiana. After bids results are posted in the afternoon, ALL homes will be available for bidding by investors as well as owner-occupants.
- When the new listings begin with the new contractors, owner occupant priority will increase to 30 days for homes eligible for FHA Financing. (Categories IN and IE)
- When the new listings begin, owner occupant priority period will decrease to 5 days for HUD Homes that are not eligible for FHA financing. (Category UI)
- Homes will be able to be listed any day of the week. Homes will no longer just be listed on Fridays.
- Information about all HUD Homes in the country will be on a new website, hudhomestore.com
We can supply you information about the remaining HUD Homes available in the state of Indiana. With the new system, it will be a learning process for everybody involved. For more information you can call my direct number at 317-709-2537. We are a brokerage registered to sell HUD Homes, but we and this site are not in any way affiliated with any government agency.
September 10, 2010
On 9/10/2010 there were a total of 593 HUD Homes available with 127 of them having a list date of 9/10. 283 were listed with a price reduced below the HUD appraisal.
More locally, in the Indianapolis area (Zip codes beginning with 460, 461 and 462, there were a total of 216 listings.
- 89 were listed at a reduced price from HUD’s appraisal
- 38 have 4 or more bedrooms
- 60 were built 2000 and later
- Prices ranged from $6,750 to $180,000
- There were 12 homes listed in Hamilton County
- There were 17 homes listed in Hendricks County
- There were 18 homes listed in Johnson County
If you would like a list of homes that meet your requirements, call 317-709-2537 which is my direct number. This website is offered by a real estate broker who tries to find good values for his client. It is not affiliated with any government agency.
September 3, 2010
There are 200 HUD Homes listed with a list date of 9/3 in the state of Indiana. Of those, 121 have a list price that has been reduced from the appraised price. If you are interested in an Indianapolis foreclosure or HUD Home, you really need to review these HUD Homes. There are quite a few newer homes located in Hamilton and Johnson Counties. Of course there are HUD Homes available all over the Indianapolis area.
HUD will be announcing some changes this week, so we expect that they will be transitioning to some new sales procedures. To get information about HUD Homes that are available NOW, please contact me on my direct number 317-709-2537.